Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let's get this show on the road or should I say in the AIR!

So, here I sit, 1 week and 2 days from when I am supposed to go to Belgium...I THINK. I was under the impression that dates were nailed down as far as us being there but now, not so much. My intended mother would prefer to wait until she starts medication and beyond to schedule flights and book rooms. How do I plan? I decided to plan around the window agreed upon by my agency, the clinic and myself. I had done that last week some time but then, to hear that things could change again was well, nerve wracking so I decided to keep things as they are. I mean, in reality, I don't have a choice. Hubby took time off work...I took time off work. My family took time off work and planned their days around this window of time so we are leaving all plans as they are. At this point, whether I am in Belgium for 3 days or 11 days, the plans and arrangements will stay the same. I guess hubby and I could just go MIA if we aren't needed the entire 11 days. I am sure we can find some things to keep us busy somewhere! I did have the clinic from Belgium call and up my estrace to 4mg per day so that is a sign that things are progressing.
Other than that, I am clueless. I guess the time difference, culture difference and language barrier are all playing a role in the lack of communication by the clinic and my intended mother. These are all things any surrogate or intended parents contemplating an international surrogacy should consider. It can be a strain on everyone and had I not done 3 surrogacies prior to this journey, I may would feel slighted. I know that no one is doing anything on purpose or to be inconsiderate, it is just the differences coming out in us all. I have decided to roll with the punches. I signed up for this and I am certain that if I give it my best and be as understanding as possible, this will turn out just beautifully for all involved. In the end, I will be a more understanding and accepting and let's not forget patient person!

No comments:

Post a Comment